Covid-19: Telangana with highest growth rate active cases and lowest test per million
- TS has the 10th highest total case load in India.
- It has the highest growth rate of active cases in India.
- It has the second lowest tests per million: 1802
- Total cases are doubling in 7 days.
- Active cases are doubling in 5 days – highest in country.
- Recovered cases are doubling in 13 days.
- Number of deaths are doubling in 32 days.
How many NEW cases daily? 7 Day moving average
- 1) Telangana is adding approx 875 cases daily.
- 2) TS has the highest count of new cases after the three hotspots of MH, DL,
- 1) Confirmed positive cases per 100 tests = 16% — this is only next to MH and DL (both of which have much higher number of cases).
- 2) TS needs significantly more testing and more effective contact tracing urgently.
Tests per million people – across states of India
- Telangana is doing merely 1802 tests per million citizens.
- Every state (other than Bihar) is testing more than TS.
- Poorer states with limited health resources are testing significantly more. What’s the constraint TS?
Source : Tweet thread by
Prof Shamika Ravi
Non-Resident Senior Fellow @BrookingsInst
. Former Member PM’s EAC. Visiting Prof @ISBedu
. Thinking & writing on Growth & Development. PhD Econ NYU